Thursday, February 28, 2013

Reached (Matched #3)

Author: Ally Condie

Date Published: November 13th, 2012

Pages: 512

Synopsis:

After leaving Society to desperately seek The Rising, and each other, Cassia and Ky have found what they were looking for, but at the cost of losing each other yet again. Cassia is assigned undercover in Central city, Ky outside the borders, an airship pilot with Indie. Xander is a medic, with a secret. All too soon, everything shifts again.


Genre: Dystopian Romance

My Review:

     First off, this book was a mediocre ending to a mediocre series.  Really, I liked Matched but Crossed ruined it and Reached tried to revive the series and kind of failed. Kind of are the key words.  I mean the book was pretty cliche. A sickness starts, scientist frantically look for a cure, they find it, WHAM! Everyone's all better. Like really? People need to die.  I know some people did died, but were they the main characters? No. A book needs people to die, this may sound harsh, but I love a good book where my favorite character dies.  It's just so heart-wrenching that I immediately deem that book worthy of favorites list. Reached didn't even make it in anyway close to that list. I guess another main problem was that all the people who were needed were all immune to the cure.  I remember thinking, What is this a joke? They are both immune to the plague? Unreal. 
     So I guess I should go into why the book was good. Well, I thought the book was good because I really liked how Xander was excepting of Cassia's love for Ky.  That really showed me how much he loves her. When you love something you have to set it free. At the same time I kind of feel bad for Xander that he didn't get his dream girl that he's loved since he was little. Another example of this book's cliche-ness was how both Xander and Ky both loved Cassia since they first saw her. Then they wanted her when they grew up, one of them did, the other didn't. At least Xander ends up with a good person.
     This book displayed beautiful writing and wonderful poetry that I always fell in love with. With that I will leave this series on a good remark.

Rating: ★★★★

Happy Reading,
Alivia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment