Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Crossed (Matched #2)

Author: Ally Condie

Date Published: November 1st, 2011

Pages: 367

Synopsis:

Cassia and Ky both narrate their quests crossing the ochre mountainous Carving to reach their love. She seeks the resistance, The Rising led by the Pilot, but does he? New teen friends red-haired Indie, fishing Vic, and chatty Eli, join them. Nothing is as expected on the edge of Society, where crosses and double crosses make the path more twisted than ever.


Genre: Dystopian

My Review:
     I started this book thinking that it would be just as great as Matched was. Boy was I wrong.  Don't get me wrong, the book started out great and progressively got worse, much, much worse.
     This review will probably be about me saying how terrible and slow this book was. Trust me, I was literally dragging my way through this book, it was pure torture.  I hope I never have to read another book like it.  But, I've already started Reached, and it was well worth the torture. So far, I've loved it, but that's not what this review is about.
     I think the main thing wrong with this book is that it's about Cassia finding Ky, but they find each other waaaay too fast. If more things had happened to them when they were apart, then the book would have been a lot more interesting. Another thing that I wished to hear more of was Xander. No where in the book do you hear a word from him.  
       When they actually do find the rising, Cassia gets sent away immediately. That leaves Ky without her, once again!  If I finish this review, it would be about how bad this book was, so for now...


Rating: 


Happy Reading,
Alivia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment