Thursday, January 17, 2013

Matched (Matched #1)

Author: Ally Condie

Date Published: November 30th, 2010

Pages: 369


Synopsis: 


     Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate... until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black.


     The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow.


Genre: Dystopian 



My Review:

     As you may have noticed, I read a lot of dystopian books.  I like the genre because it's cool to read about what other people think about the future. Although it's likely that none of it will actually happen...  It's still fun to dream.
     I really like the main character Cassia. I know this may sound fangirly but, she reminds me of me. Not who she is just what she stands for.  Her looks too, brown hair, green eyes.  She's one of my favorite characters, not just in the book, just as a character alone.  She like hiking like me, she also wants more than just what everyone else is having.  Conformity.  She's actually been through a lot.  First she finds out she's going to be married to, what looks like, two guys. But then later, she finds out what one of them is and that it could have never worked in the first place.
     If I really had to choose my next favorite character in this book it would be Ky.  His morals are so strong.  He knows exactly what he wants to do, but he does it in such a subtle way that no one notices. He's so smart. His relationship with Cassia I kind of rebuked at first, but then closer to the end of the book I wished that they could run away together and leave Xander behind.
     Xander is a whole different story. He's sweet, but not passionate.  I was actually trying to tell Cassia that she should just stay with Xander and not even bother with Ky. Oh, how I was so wrong.
     I really did like Matched, I'd recommend it to anyone who'd listen.

Rating: 

Happy Reading,
Alivia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment