Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Fear (Gone #5)

Author: Michael Grant

Publication Date: April 3rd, 2012

Pages: 509

Synopsis:


It's been one year since all the adults disappeared. Gone.

Despite the hunger and the lies, even despite the plague, the kids of Perdido Beach are determined to survive. Creeping into the tenuous new world they've built, though, is perhaps the worst incarnation yet of the enemy known as the Darkness: fear.

Within the FAYZ, life breaks down while the Darkness takes over, literally—turning the dome-world of the FAYZ entirely black. In darkness, the worst fears of all emerge, and the cruelest of intentions are carried out. But even in their darkest moments, the inhabitants of the FAYZ maintain a will to survive and a desire to take care of the others in their ravaged band that endures, no matter what the cost.

Fear, Michael Grant's fifth book in the bestselling dystopian Gone series, will thrill readers . . . even as it terrifies them.


Genre: Science Fiction

     Truth to be told, this review is a review after the second time I read this book, so it's going to be more about me saying how much I love this book.  Because, after all, Fear is my all time favorite book of all time. That's right, two all times.
    Firstly, this book was seriously a very, very dark book, in more ways than one.  I mean with everything that happened to Cigar, Penny, Caine, Gaia, Taylor, Diana, and Astrid this book is pretty messed up.  Especially, Cigar and Taylor. Whenever I think of them I just shudder.  Cigar did not deserve that bad of a punishment and Little Pete did not need to go around "perfecting" people. Shudder, shudder. 
     The ending was the best part ever!  I can read the last three chapters over and over and over and still have the same feeling of wanting to cry/laugh/scream/throw my book across my room.  It was that good.
      I mainly read this book again for Light, (I'm writing this after I read Light) and I'm glad I did because it turns out I forgot a lot. Like how  the coyote eat a bunch of kids and Howard... Anyways... I really love Orc.  He was such a bad person at the beginning of the series, the first to commit murder. Then as of Fear he was believing in God and repenting against all of the things he used to do.  I. Love. Orc.
      Since you know that I love this book so much the rating that I give it is probably pretty obvious. Catch ya later brah!

Rating: ★★★★★

Happy Reading,
Alivia :)

P.S. I usually do not say brah, but I wanted to make a reference to Quinn's talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment